Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Minolta autopak d6

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bmillerphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does anybody know if the Minolta autopak d6's light meter works without film in the camera? I just picked one up and the meter isn't moving. I thought maybe film needs to be present in order for it to work. If anybody knows for sure I'd appreciate the help. Thanks
    ~B

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know a number of cameras that require a cartridge to be there in order for the meter to function. Usually there is a button inside the film compartment that the cartridge would depress if it were there. If this camera has one you can fool the meter into working by holding the button in.

    You should also see if the camera is in manual exposure mode.


    You can download manuals for many Super-8 cameras off this site:

    http://8mm.filmshooting.com/

    Unfortunately they are down at the moment, but may have exactly what you need.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bmillerphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is a fully automatic camera. I thought maybe the meter was working earlier. i havn't had a chance to run any film through it yet. I guess I'll have to wait and see. I think the meter dail is broken; it's just stuck in the red. Maybe the auto-exposure works and the meter is just fried. If anyone has any knowlege of this camera, please help!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    I have one of these cameras.
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The meter does work without a cartridge in the camera</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The camera does not have a manual exposure mode; however, you can lock the exposure by pulling out the meter lock button.</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bmillerphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Than I guess either the meter isn't working or the dial is broken. I guess I'll have to run some film through it. I'm not sure how the meter could have been broken. I can remember it working not too long ago.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by bmillerphoto:
    Than I guess either the meter isn't working or the dial is broken. I guess I'll have to run some film through it. I'm not sure how the meter could have been broken. I can remember it working not too long ago.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rather than possibly wasting a roll of film you should just run the camera with the door open and look into the gate. Point the camera at something very bright and if the aperture really is working you will see it open/close based on the light. If it just stays open then its not working or the aperture lock is pulled out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •